bbk

bbk

My travel ritual

-I like to get to the airport early to walk around, inspect the layout, check out the shops and spend some time at the airport bar near my gate. I find the people I meet and the conversations I eavesdrop on most fascinating.
-On my way to the airport, checking (at least 7 times) that my passport is still in my bag’s inner pocket.
-Board long haul flights wearing jeans a blazer, quickly change into extreme comfort: Abercrombie fleece pants, tee and flip-flops, and then switch outfits again.
-Snap a dozen photos of my hotel room before I muck everything up with my luggage.
-A long walk as soon as I arrive; finding the unsung little places where local people eat.
-Purchasing some sort of folk art from my host culture.
-Going to the local grocery store and pharmacy in every country I visit.
-I always bring paper currency home from countries I visit.