1) Momofuko Ko, New York city
I've been to a lot of restaurant but this one is spectacular in every way, food was the best I've had. It's a small restaurant with a really difficult reservation system.... but if you are able to get a spot in just grab it!!!
The prix fix menu that night was:
amuse 1: togarashi-pork rind and Black pepper and mirin bisquit
amuse 2: savory egg custard with shrimp and peashoots
1. Fluke sashimi with poppy seeds and spicy buttermilk
2. Smoked soft boiled egg with tony potato chips, sweet potato vinegar and onion/butter sautee, and American Hackleback caviar
3. Pork belly slice with oyster and grilled rice in a kimchee consome
4. Seared halibut with picked cauliflower and some sort of apple puree
5. Hand torn egg pasta with chicken/pork/escargot sausage and peccorino cheese topped with crispy fried chicken skins
6. shaved foie gras over lychee and reisling jellee and pine nut brittle - shouju
7. 14 day old dried sirloin with white trumpet mushroom, pickled oinion and jalapeno puree
dessert 1: guava sorbet in a cream cheese skin over cheesecake puree
dessert 2: lemon curd and black sesame ice cream with funnel cake
standouts were definitely the fluke, the foie dish and the funnel cake dessert."